We Are Hiring
Title: Behavioral Health Counselor 4
City, State: Saint Clair Shores,MI
Location: Eastwood: St Clair Shore-34008
Department: Eastwood St Clair Shores
Additional Job Details: PRN,Rotating,Weekly
Flexible- Minimum of 16 hours per week.
Ascension Eastwood Clinics welcome and actively seeks to hire, applicants with disabilities, including those who have been in recovery from substance use disorders for at least 2 years.
Why Join Ascension?
St. John Providence Health System is a member of Ascension Health, the largest not-for-profit Catholic Health system in the United States.
Our Mission, Vision and Values: St. John Providence Health System, as a Catholic health ministry, is committed to providing spiritually centered, holistic care which sustains and improves the health of individuals in the communities we serve, with special attention to the poor and vulnerable. Our Values: We are called to: Service of the Poor, Reverence, Integrity, Wisdom, Creativity and Dedication Our Vision: Our passion for healing calls us to cultivate trust, advocate wellness, and transform healthcare.
What You Will Do
The Behavioral Health Counselor 4 provides behavioral health counseling services.
- Conducts patient assessments and establishes therapy treatment goals.
- Administers individual and group therapy. Maintains thorough and confidential records of observations.
- Evaluates progress and effectiveness of therapy interventions.
- Provides patient with information regarding resources and therapeutic activities in the community.
- Assists in case management, outreach, aftercare, collaboration with referral sources and collaboration with health providers.
- Participates in clinical supervision as well as responds to acute care needs of patients.
- Maintains relationships with community resources, referral sources, agencies and associations.
- Provides health education programs.
- Required Credential(s):
- Certified by the Michigan Certification Board for Addiction Professionals (MCBAP) required for substance abuse services only. Licensure/certification monitored by health ministry Central Credentialing office.
- Preferred Credential(s):
- Licensed Master Social Worker preferred. Licensure/certification monitored by health ministry Central Credentialing office.
- Master's Level Degree
- Master's level degree required
- Two years of experience preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity
St. John Providence Health System is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all associates and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, height, weight, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, veteran status or any other legally protected status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. The information requested on this application will not be used for any purpose prohibited by law. If you require assistance or an accommodation to complete this application, please let us know. For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the "EEO is the Law" poster: M/F/Disabled/Vet EEO is the Law Poster Supplement Reasonable Accommodation
St. John Providence Health System provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. Please advise us of any accommodations you request in order to express interest in a position by e-mailing: . Please state your request for assistance in your message. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a specific position within St. John Providence Health System will be reviewed at the e-mail address supplied.
Thank you for considering a career with St. John Providence Health System. Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
St. John Providence Health System participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E -Verify (link to E-verify site)