22.5 hours per week over 3 days, flexible
£33,350 pro rata
A fantastic opportunity has opened to make a real difference to vulnerable children's lives and to build a fulfilling and meaningful career with a leading UK children's charity.
As the Fostering Social Worker you will recruit, train and support the Carers to provide young people with a stable family home. These young people have come from various walks of life, some have survived trauma so a therapeutic approach is a vital part of your work.
You will ensure children's voices are heard by working imaginatively and energetically with professionals, local authorities and others. You will promote and be involved in a culture of learning and professional development for carers and staff.
You will achieve this by:
• Supporting staff with daily challenges and rewards of caring for troubled young people.
• Delivering high level, informed and therapeutic practice as a member of a motivated and skilled team.
• Driving a culture of learning and professional development for staff.
• Going on visits with young people, foster carers and families to build relationships and grow the organisations carer pool.
• Working with the team on an out of hours service.
• Recruiting, assessing and supporting the development of foster carers.
To be successful in this role you will need:
• A social work degree or equivalent.
• HCPC registration.
• Knowledge or experience of fostering or transferrable skills.
• Willingness to work flexibly including an out-of-hours telephone support rota for carers.
• Strong teamwork.
• Ability to offer some evening or weekend work e.g. information events or training.
Great rewards including up to 29 days' holiday(pro rata), flexible working, season ticket travel loans and discounts at high street retailers.