Do you enjoy supporting vulnerable children to overcome challenges?
Do you want to help vulnerable children to reach their full potential?
Why would you miss out on this fantastic opportunity?
As well as working with a top local authority in the area, the salary is fantastic in addition to lots of other benefits.
* A welcome payment of £3,000 (50% paid in first months salary 50% paid on completion of probation)
* Relocation Package of £8,000 (to be paid monthly and dependent on existing location)
* Retention payments of £2,000 (to be paid after first year)
* Flexible working opportunities
* Free Parking
* Laptop / phone provided
* Will allow to work from home
* Subsidised canteen at Gloucester
* Modern purpose built offices at Gloucester - sleek modern set up
* To work closely with children, young people and their families, other staff within the service function and partner agencies to provide support and protection for children and young people in need and at risk.
* To promote a range of services which carry out statutory duties as required by legislation and guidance.
* To assess the needs of children, young people and families to plan and implement suitable multi-agency interventions and service provisions to meet need and review outcomes.
* Build positive relationships with children and their families through direct work to ensure that their voices wishes and feelings are heard.
* Provide a clear, accurate and holistic assessment of a child and their family needs in line with statutory and local guidance and in collaboration with the child, their family and other agencies.
* Carry a case load of children and families in line with the experience of the social worker and the organisational needs of the service function, including children in need in child protection plans and children in care.
* Carry a caseload which will progress in number and complexity and which meets the needs of the service.
* Develop SMART plans with children and their families to balance risk factors and needs to achieve outcome focussed interventions.
* To undertake direct work with children, young people and families in order to manage risk and achieve the sustained and positive outcomes identified in assessments and plans.
* Prepare high quality reports for relevant meetings and to present them to a variety of other professionals.
* Prepare high quality statements and paperwork for legal proceedings and be able to represent the child, young person and their families and the council in court and other settings.
* Update and maintain high quality case files on LiquidLogic ensuring that all key information about the child's circumstances and plans are recorded within timescales and comply with the Data Protection Act.
* Continue to monitor and review the progress of plans and outcomes for children and young people.
* Develop and maintain effective professional relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
* Provide written and verbal reports which are concise, evidence based and informative.
* Build professional relationships with children and their families to safeguard children and promote positive outcomes.
* Respond in a timely manner to all contacts from children and young people. Maintain personal and professional development to meet the changing demands of the jobs, participate in appropriate training and development activities.
* Be accountable for own practice ensuring it is of high quality and reflect bests practice.
* Support, promote and safeguard the welfare of children and young people.
* Registration with HCPC and enhanced DBS.
* Nature of the post requires flexibility to meet urgent work needs as they arise. This will inevitably entail some work outside normal office hours and other locations across Gloucestershire.
* Must hold a driving licence and have access to a car.
* Post holder must meet the competency based criteria.
* You will be expected to work across teams in your locality.
Why let this opportunity slip through your fingers?
Do you have some more questions regarding this or any other role?
If you are interested in discussing the position further, please contact Leah Rowley on / for a confidential discussion.
I have over 15 years experience recruiting within the Care sector We will listen to your requirements to try to make our positions fit in with any other commitments you may have.
If this particular role does not sound quite right for you, we have a wide selection of roles across the country that may not be advertised. We are also able to source a particular role to suit your requirements, so whether you work with children or adults in any particular speciality, please get in touch to see how we can support you!
Randstad Care acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Randstad Care is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.
Did you know that Randstad Care have been awarded a place on the National Clinical Staffing Framework for the NHS? This means we will be able to bring you more opportunities within nursing & midwifery and clinical staffing.