Northamptonshire County Council are currently looking for a PART TIME Independent Reviewing Officer (IRO)
The successful candidate will have experience of being in a chair role with post-qualified experience.
You will also need to have the necessary skills to scrutinize information and identify and aid when care plans are needed.
18.5 hours a week, £28-£32 PH
Duties as a Childrens Services IRO will include:
- Checking that the agreed actions are being implemented
- Ensuring the local authority fulfills its duties as a corporate parent
- Consulting with children
- Chairing review meetings
- Attending and chairing any meeting in conjunction with the review of a childs case
- Occasionally chairing other meetings within the safeguarding unit
- Monitoring the local authoritys performance in relation to a childs case
- Working effectively in partnership with personnel within the local authority, key partner agencies, children and young people, their parents and their carers
- Complying with relevant legislation
- Social work qualification
- Management or prior experience as an IRO
- HCPC registration
- Eligibility to work in the UK
If you would be interested in applying for this position, or would like to discuss other social work opportunities within the West Midlands then please email your CV to or call and speak to Andrew Younger.
Working with Eden Brown Synergy offers you a personal service from an experienced team, working closely with one consultant who is dedicated to finding you your ideal role.
Our pay rates are highly competitive we offer a weekly payroll service and will provide you with a current DBS free of charge. We also have a fantastic referral scheme with the opportunity to earn £200 for referring a friend/colleague to us.
Eden Brown Synergy is an equal opportunities employer. For more opportunities, please visit