We are looking to recruit a Qualified Social Worker in the Child Protection Team within Thurrock. The successful candidate will be working in a well-structured, organised team who are growing their social worker staffing levels.
Thurrock Council pay close attention to looking after their social workers and strive to ensure they feel supported and welcomed in their roles. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a stable working environment with experienced leadership, whilst receiving regular supervision and training opportunities.The responsibilities of the Social Worker includes:
To ideal candidate will have:
- Writing court, CP, CIN and LAC reports
- Managing a complex caseload of CP and CIN cases
- Support least experienced social workers e.g. ASYE and Family Support workers
- Ability to use their initiative and work under pressure
- Create SMART recommendations and Care Plans
- Deputise in the absence of the Team manager if necessary to achieved certain tasks.
- HCPC registration
- Eligibility to work in the UK
- Social Work qualified (MA/BSc/DPSW/CQSW/MSc/BA)
Working with Ackerman Pierce you will be guaranteed weekly payment and access to continued profession development, including a dedicated consultant to support you through the interview and on boarding process. The position offers a long contract within a stable supportive team.
To discuss this vacancy or any similar vacancies we currently have available in Essex, please email your updated CV or contact Carmen Thong for more information.