Are you looking for a permanent position in Children's Social Work?
Are you looking for flexible working conditions?
Would you like to work for a local authority where you can progress quickly?
Gloucestershire Council is offering a fantastic benefits package and a welcome bonus of up to £3000 for Senior Social Workers and Social Workers interested in positions within Safeguarding or Assessment Teams. They currently have full time/part-time posts available in Gloucester, Cheltenham, Tewkesbury, Cirencester, Stroud and Cinderford (Forest of Dean).Benefits:
- A competitive salary of up to £38,052 per annum
- Welcome payments of up to £3000
- Relocation packages of up to £8000
- £2000 retention payments
- Manageable caseloads of around 18-20
- Flexible working opportunities
- Smaller teams, allowing greater management support and oversight (ratio of teams is 1:6, meaning 1 team manager to 6 QSWs)
- Further development schemes in place to progress quickly
- Access to a range of training and development opportunities within the social work academy
- Maternity/Adoption & paternity leave
Responsibilities of a social worker in the safeguarding team:
- The Safeguarding Teams ensure that every child has a clear assessment of need, with a plan that sets out how help will be delivered, outcomes to be achieved and arrangements for review
- Children supported in these teams are subject to 'child protection' plans, 'children in need' plans or permanency planning having recently entered care
- Teams in Gloucester operate a Pod model in which smaller, geographically focused teams work together as a multi-agency with embedded partner organisations
- A Social Work Qualification
- 1+ years post-qualifying experience
- HCPC registration
- A passion for achieving the best outcomes for children through direct work
- A compassionate approach to social care
- Experience of writing assessments and outcome-focused plans with children and families
If you have a friend or colleague you think may be interested in the role above, please pass on our details or 'Refer-a-Friend' through the Randstad Public Services website to be in with a chance of winning £300 in vouchers!
For more information or a confidential discussion, please call Randstad Care acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Randstad Care is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.Did you know that Randstad Care have been awarded a place on the National Clinical Staffing Framework for the NHS? This means we will be able to bring you more opportunities within nursing & midwifery and clinical staffing.