Adults Principal Social Worker
An Authority in the South East of England is looking for a Principal Social Worker to join its Service.
The Authority is offering the opportunity to really have the freedom to make your mark on the processes the Authority follows as you will lead on reforming the way the service works. The position is completely new and requires someone with new ideas and creative thinking to guide the service into the future.
* To lead on the redesign of social work within the authority
* Be the practice lead for social work and coordinate a number of practice seminars to discuss current practice issues, promote best practice, identify and propose solutions to barriers to practice, identify learning needs and organise action learning sets
* To advise the Corporate and Service Director and/or the wider Council on complex, controversial and or strategic development of social work practice.
* Be responsible for making leading edge research, policy and guidance readily available to all social workers, promoting the use of the web-based resource library to underpin evidence based practice.
* Take special responsibility for ensuring that the NQSW and Groups promote diversity in practice through regular monitoring and review of their practice.
* Lead and oversee excellent social work practice, through the development of quality assurance/audit mechanisms that improve social work practice.
The ideal candidate would posses.
* A degree in Social Work
* HCPC registration
* Experience in Senior Management/QA/Commissioning/ across a Adults Service
* The right to live and work in the UK
For more information please contact Jack Maguire with an up to date CV and relevant references.