Practice lead, adult social care, MTH, mental health
Permanent Level 8 Practice Lead needed within Adult Social Care.
The main purpose of the role is to support the leadership, management and performance of an adult social work team with the aim to deliver appropriate support.
- Lead the team and promote a community social work practice that is person-centred and places asset-based community development at the heart of practice.
- Deputise for the Team Manager in their absence in supporting the voice of front-line practice, enhancing the strategic vision for social work practice in adults and ensuring effective leadership and management is sustained.
- To undertake complex assessments and safeguarding investigations whilst holding a capacity to support the team with the challenges presented in assessment whilst acknowledging the importance of assuming that the individual is best placed to know their own outcomes goals and well-being.
The successful candidate may be needed to work outside the core hours and on weekends and back holidays when required including having some on-call responsibility when needed.
You may also be required to work in a variety of Social Work teams and supporting the organisation with completing HR investigations as required.
To be successful in this position you would preferably have a qualification as an Approved Mental Health Probationer, Practice Educator or Best Interest Assessor.
- Have worked for 2 years+ as a qualified social work practitioner, along with experience of applying Care Act (2014), Mental Capacity Act ( 2005) and managing adult safeguarding enquiries.
- Leadership and supervision of staff members including student social workers, supported student social workers to become qualified (either through Practice Education or through onsite supervision)
For more information and a full JD, please apply for the position or call Nathalie at Hays for more informationWhat you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.