Qualified Social Worker, Safeguarding Team, Reading, up to £38ph If you are an experienced Social Worker with substantial post qualified experience in Child Protection, this could be the ideal role for you. You will have previous experience in a long term Child Protection service including working with Looked after Children, Children in Need along with some court work. You must be a car driver for this role due to location.
Main duties include:
• Hold an allocated caseload and undertake assessments and where appropriate arrange accommodation for children and young people
• Maintain and update case notes and other records, write reports as required; if required, give evidence in court in relation to care proceedings.
• Participate in planning/reviewing the cases of children in care; supervise fostering/adoption arrangements.
• Develop and maintain positive working relationships with service users and other professionals.
• When working with families, to recognise, monitor and assess risk. To escalate risk to supervisors in a timely manner to plan mitigating actions.
• A social work qualification (degree in social work, DipSW, CQSW or equivalent recognised social work qualification
• A strong social work background with excellent communication skills
Post qualified experience working within Child Protection
• Car driver essential