We are looking to recruit a Qualified Social Worker, Children's Families First Team within the Social Care industry in Durham County Council. Our client is undergoing a restructure of their service to ensure that the Child's Journey is a smooth and as easy as possible. They are offering a family friendly and flexible working pattern, including working from home to promote staff satisfaction. They are keen on promoting progression opportunities as part of their mission to make a positive change to Children's lives.Main duties include:
To be successful:
- Carry out proportionate, single whole family assessments, assess risk, plan and deliver interventions, monitor and review outcomes to enable these families to make significant and sustainable changes
- Carry out child protection enquiries
- Undertake direct work with children and families in order to create sustained change for families and improve outcomes
- Working within the families first social work team dealing with all aspects of case management working with CIN, Children's and Families and Safeguarding
- Working with families up to the point of the Public Law Outline and some Court Work
- Prioritising work according to need
- Managing an extensive amount of varying service user cases ensuring each is appropriately prioritised and dealt with in an efficient and timely manner
For this Qualified Social Worker, Children's Families First Team you will need to have a HCPC Registration and educated to Degree Level; IE: CCS/CQSW/DIPSW/MA SW/BA HONS SW. You will need to have Eligibility to Work in the UK with previous experience as a Qualified Social Worker within a Children's Safeguarding or Child Protection team. This client does request that for this role the candidate must be a Car Driver.Benefits of Working for Durham County Council:
Our client is currently working to review their Children's Social Services by recruiting further staff into the teams to ease the pressure of high demanding caseloads. They are advocates of ensuring that all staff have a good work life balance. The council is currently under-going an innovative programme of change as they develop and shape the new dedicated Children's service within Durham.Why Choose Ackerman Pierce?
Ackerman Pierce calls upon over 15 years' worth of experience in recruiting directly into the Social Work Sector. We can offer a unique experience within recruitment industry where you have your own personal consultant, a DBS and Compliance service with a quick and easy registration process. We pride ourselves on a guaranteed weekly payment process.
To discuss this Qualified Social Worker, Children's Families First Team role or any similar vacancies we currently have available in Durham Council, please contact Sabrina Laverty or email in your updated CV to us today.