We Are Hiring
Behavioral Health Counselor 1 - Psychiatric Nursing Unit 001 - PRN,Day - Ascension Providence Hospital, Southfield Campus
Why Join Ascension?
Ascension Michigan is a member of Ascension Health, the largest not-for-profit Catholic Health system in the United States.
Our Mission, Vision and Values: Ascension Michigan, as a Catholic health ministry, is committed to providing spiritually centered, holistic care which sustains and improves the health of individuals in the communities we serve, with special attention to the poor and vulnerable. Our Values: We are called to: Service of the Poor, Reverence, Integrity, Wisdom, Creativity and Dedication Our Vision: Our passion for healing calls us to cultivate trust, advocate wellness, and transform healthcare.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with Ascension Providence Hospital, Southfield Campus, you will have the opportunity to provide behavioral health counseling services.
- Conducts patient assessments and establishes therapy treatment goals.
- Administers individual and group therapy. Maintains thorough and confidential records of observations.
- Evaluates progress and effectiveness of therapy interventions.
- Provides patient with information regarding resources and therapeutic activities in the community.
- Participates in quality outcome improvement processes. Implements appropriate improvement initiatives as needed.
- Collaborates with case managers and community liaisons in implementing and documentation of discharge planning responsibilities.
- Performs all other duties and projects as assigned.
What You Will Need Licenses/Certifications/Registration:
- Required Credential(s):
- One or more of the following:
- Basic Life Support Provider certification from the American Heart Association (AHA) required. American Red Cross (ARC) CPR for Professional Rescuers card will be accepted upon hire but renewal must be a BLS Provider card from AHA.
- Licensed through the State of Michigan as a Social Worker, Psychologist, or Advanced Practice Nurse required.
- Preferred Credential(s):
- Master's Level Degree
- Master's degree in social work, psychology, nursing, or licensed professional counseling from an accredited program required
- Two years of experience as a Masters prepared clinician working in a Behavioral Health setting for mentally ill adults with at least one year in an inpatient psychiatric unit preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension Michigan is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all associates and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, height, weight, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, veteran status or any other legally protected status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. The information requested on this application will not be used for any purpose prohibited by law. If you require assistance or an accommodation to complete this application, please let us know. For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the "EEO is the Law" poster: M/F/Disabled/Vet EEO is the Law Poster Supplement Reasonable Accommodation
Ascension Michigan provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. Please advise us of any accommodations you request in order to express interest in a position by e-mailing: . Please state your request for assistance in your message. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a specific position within Ascension Michigan will be reviewed at the e-mail address supplied.
Thank you for considering a career with Ascension Michigan. Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
Ascension Michigan participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E -Verify (link to E-verify site)