We Are Hiring
Licensed Counselor - SSC IOP Central - PRN,Rotating - Seton Behavioral OP-Central - Austin,TX Why Join Ascension? At Seton, we're using the power of purpose to change healthcare for the better. As part of Ascension's Texas Ministry Market we do this through collaboration.
Seton brings great minds and proven results from the across the nation together. From the best hires and strategic plans for growth, to the proactive connections we make within our community, we reach out to move ahead. Now, partnering with the University of Texas to build the new Dell Seton Medical Center, our future looks brighter than ever. We do this in force.
With more than 12,800 associates, Seton is the leading healthcare service provider in Central Texas as well as its second largest employer. We serve an eleven county area of more than 1.8 million people. We have five urban acute care hospitals, two rural hospitals, a mental health hospital, three primary care clinics for the uninsured, and an increasing number of storefront care locations. We do this with vision.
Since our founding in 1902, Seton has led the way in Austin --- expanding thoughtfully and with purpose; caring for our neighbors, because we know them so well. As a non-profit with a mission --- rather than a bottom line --- guiding us, improving health at a community level is our number one priority. Austin. It's our home, and our heart.
Located at the center of Texas hill country --- just a few hours from Dallas, Houston, and San Antonio --- Austin offers an appealing blend of hometown comfort and high-tech care. Whether you are looking for a vibrant nightlife and live music, recreational areas and activities, family-friendly fun, or educational offerings, Austin is a city that not only calls to you, but gently encourages you to sit down and stay awhile.
With cultural diversity, a mild climate (and truly great outdoors), attractive and affordable housing options, and no state income tax, Austin is a feel-good choice for a rewarding way of life. The way we connect, the lives we affect.
The Seton Healthcare Family is always looking for dedicated, talented professionals willing to share their hearts with those we serve. Being part of our close-knit team means performing to a higher standard. Embracing innovation, while understanding the importance of individual connections. And continually collaborating, learning and growing to realize new levels of personal and professional satisfaction.What You Will Do
As an Associate with Seton Family of Hospitals-TX, you will have the opportunity to provide behavioral health counseling services. Responsibilities:
What You Will Need Licenses/Certifications/Registration:
- Conducts patient assessments and establishes therapy treatment goals.
- Administers individual and group therapy. Maintains thorough and confidential records of observations.
- Evaluates progress and effectiveness of therapy interventions.
- Provides patient with information regarding resources and therapeutic activities in the community.
- Works directly with the patient, family, physician and community providers to ensure active and collaborate care from the initiation of treatment to the time of discharge.
- Provides assessment, social services and counseling to patients, their families and staff in relation to social, psychological, financial and family situations including discharge planning. Provides individual, group and family psychotherapy. Documents therapies and treatment. Assists with direct patient care as needed.
- Initiates and conducts educational programs for staff as needed. Markets and provides community education on therapeutic services. Develops and maintains good working relationships with outside community health and social agencies and reaches out to the community to develop new resources for meeting patient needs. Conducts training programs with outside organizations regarding health and wellness.
- Functions as lead therapist regarding trauma and personality disorders, providing clinical consultation to staff and psychiatrist. Provides clinical consultation to hospital staff about mental health issues for various patient populations, including children and families. Interprets and communicates necessary information regarding patients and families including social history information to staff and physicians.
- Coordinates planning, makes recommendations and facilitates decision-making concerning individual patient care plans especially regarding the home situation. Plans treatments and reviews physician cases. Interacts with insurance companies regarding mental health claims and provides insurance and billing consultation, support, and education to other staff as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Required Credential(s):
- One or more of the following:
- Counselor credentialed from the Texas State Board of Examiners of Professional Counselors obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Social Worker credentialed from the Texas State Board of Social Worker Examiners obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Preferred Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA).
- Clinical Counselor.
Work Experience:Equal Employment Opportunity
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Technical degree required
Seton Healthcare Family is an equal employment opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and complies with all applicable federal, state and local equal employment regulations and laws. It is the policy of the Seton Healthcare Family to afford equal employment opportunities to all employees and prospective employees without regard to their race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic or status that is protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all personnel actions, such as hiring, promotion, transfer, demotion, termination, layoff and all other conditions and privileges of employment in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Affirmative Action goes beyond the concept of equal employment opportunity. Affirmative Action policies and programs are required to overcome the present effects of past discrimination and to achieve equal employment opportunity for members of groups that are or have been formerly under-represented. Affirmative Action policies and programs are tools whereby additional efforts are made to recruit, employ and promote qualified members of formerly excluded groups, even if that exclusion cannot be traced to particular discriminatory actions. Through specific and result-oriented activities, Seton Healthcare Family's goals are to ensure that every person is given full consideration through equal employment opportunity policies and practices and to achieve a representative workforce through its affirmative action efforts. It is further the policy of the Seton Healthcare Family to encourage vendors, contractors, affiliate institutions and others doing business with the Seton Healthcare Family to observe the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action.
Seton Healthcare Family is an EEO/AA employer: M/F/Disabled/Vet.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the "EEO is the Law" poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.