We Are Hiring
Behavioral Health Counselor 5 - Eastwood Southfield Residential - PRN,Day - Ascension Eastwood: Recovery Ctr - 34008 - Southfield,MI
Ascension Eastwood Clinics welcome and actively seeks to hire, applicants with disabilities, including those who have been in recovery from substance use disorders for at least 2 years.
Why Join Ascension?
Ascension Michigan is a member of Ascension Health, the largest not-for-profit Catholic Health system in the United States.
Our Mission, Vision and Values: Ascension Michigan, as a Catholic health ministry, is committed to providing spiritually centered, holistic care which sustains and improves the health of individuals in the communities we serve, with special attention to the poor and vulnerable. Our Values: We are called to: Service of the Poor, Reverence, Integrity, Wisdom, Creativity and Dedication Our Vision: Our passion for healing calls us to cultivate trust, advocate wellness, and transform healthcare.
What You Will Do
As an associate with St. John Health-MI, you will have the opportunity to provide substance abuse counseling services.
- Provides assigned patient counseling services and case management.
- Systematically and continually assesses the patient's coping mechanisms and progress.
- Utilizes appropriate teaching methods and/or referral sources.
- Coordinates patient's discharge planning needs and readiness for discharge with other healthcare members.
- Performs all other duties and projects as assigned.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- One or more of the following:
- Certified by the Michigan Certification Board for Addiction Professionals (MCBAP) with a CADC, CAADC, or CADC-M credential or developmental plan required. Licensure/certification monitored by health ministry Central Credentialing Office.
- Preferred Credential(s):
- Registration and/or licensure from the State of Michigan Department of Licensing and Regulation as a Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC), or Social Worker or Counselor preferred. Licensure/certification monitored by health ministry Central Credentialing Office.
- Bachelor's Level Degree
- Bachelor's degree required
- Master's degree preferred
- 2 years of substance abuse experience preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension Michigan is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all associates and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, height, weight, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, veteran status or any other legally protected status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. The information requested on this application will not be used for any purpose prohibited by law. If you require assistance or an accommodation to complete this application, please let us know. For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the "EEO is the Law" poster: M/F/Disabled/Vet EEO is the Law Poster Supplement Reasonable Accommodation
Ascension Michigan provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. Please advise us of any accommodations you request in order to express interest in a position by e-mailing: . Please state your request for assistance in your message. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a specific position within Ascension Michigan will be reviewed at the e-mail address supplied.
Thank you for considering a career with Ascension Michigan. Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
Ascension Michigan participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E -Verify (link to E-verify site)