We Are Hiring
Position Title: Behavioral Health Counselor 4 with Eastwood Clinic
Pay Structure: Full-Time Salary, Part-Time Salary and Fee Split Pay options available
Location: All Eastwood Locations in Michigan
License: Full Licensed PhD Psychologist
Experience: Previous experienced preferred but not required
Must have: Bariatric evaluation; Participation on Utilization Review Commitee
Why Join Ascension?
Ascension Michigan is a member of Ascension Health, the largest not-for-profit Catholic Health system in the United States.
Our Mission, Vision and Values: Ascension Michigan, as a Catholic health ministry, is committed to providing spiritually centered, holistic care which sustains and improves the health of individuals in the communities we serve, with special attention to the poor and vulnerable. Our Values: We are called to: Service of the Poor, Reverence, Integrity, Wisdom, Creativity and Dedication Our Vision: Our passion for healing calls us to cultivate trust, advocate wellness, and transform healthcare.
What You Will Do
As an associate with St. John Health-MI, you will have the opportunity to provide behavioral health counseling services.
- Conduct patient assessments and establishes therapy treatment goals.
- Administer individual and group therapy. Maintain thorough and confidential records of observations.
- Evaluate progress and effectiveness of therapy interventions.
- Provide patient with information regarding resources and therapeutic activities in the community.
- Assist in case management, outreach, aftercare, collaboration with referral sources and collaboration with health providers.
- Participate in clinical supervision as well as responds to acute care needs of patients.
- Maintain relationships with community resources, referral sources, agencies and associations.
- Provide health education programs.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- Certified by the Michigan Certification Board for Addiction Professionals (MCBAP) required for substance abuse services only. Licensure/certification monitored by health ministry Central Credentialing office.
- Preferred Credential(s):
- Licensed Master Social Worker preferred. Licensure/certification monitored by health ministry Central Credentialing office.
- Psychology Level Degree
- PhD in Psychology degree required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension Michigan is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all associates and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, height, weight, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, veteran status or any other legally protected status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. The information requested on this application will not be used for any purpose prohibited by law. If you require assistance or an accommodation to complete this application, please let us know. For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the "EEO is the Law" poster: M/F/Disabled/Vet EEO is the Law Poster Supplement Reasonable Accommodation
Ascension Michigan provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. Please advise us of any accommodations you request in order to express interest in a position by e-mailing: . Please state your request for assistance in your message. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a specific position within Ascension Michigan will be reviewed at the e-mail address supplied.
Thank you for considering a career with Ascension Michigan. Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
Ascension Michigan participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E -Verify (link to E-verify site)