We Are Hiring
Counselor-Admissions 2 - BH Observation Unit 001 - PRN,Rotating - Ascension St John Hospital- 34030 - Detroit,MI
Preferred Licensure: LMSW
Nights; Rotating Weekends and Holiday Requirement
Why Join Ascension?
Ascension Michigan is a member of Ascension Health, the largest not-for-profit Catholic Health system in the United States.
Our Mission, Vision and Values: Ascension Michigan, as a Catholic health ministry, is committed to providing spiritually centered, holistic care which sustains and improves the health of individuals in the communities we serve, with special attention to the poor and vulnerable. Our Values: We are called to: Service of the Poor, Reverence, Integrity, Wisdom, Creativity and Dedication Our Vision: Our passion for healing calls us to cultivate trust, advocate wellness, and transform healthcare.
What You Will Do
As an Admissions Counselor with Ascension St. John Health-MI, you will have the opportunity to conduct interviews and assessments for potential admissions.
- Provides admissions and intake services to patients and potential patients.
- Responds to telephone inquiries from persons seeking mental health care or information about mental health-related services.
- Admits patients to the hospital and registers outpatients with appropriate physician orders.
- Documents calls and related admission information.
- Collaborates with interdisciplinary team members to meet patients' integrated behavioral and physical health care needs and to promote continuity of care from one level or area of care to another. Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Completes bio psychosocial assessments. Provides interventions to stabilize the patient, manage risk, and promote health.
- May perform insurance verification and authorization/precertification functions.
- Performs case management and facilitation of transfer.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- One or more of the following:
- Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC) OR applicable licensure from the State of Michigan, Department of Licensing and Regulation required. Licensure/certification monitored by health ministry Central Credentialing Office.
- LMSW preferred.
- Preferred Credential(s):
- Basic Life Support (BLS) Provider certification preferred.
- Master's Level Degree
- Master's degree in Social Work, Nursing, Counseling, or Psychology from an accredited program required
- 2 years of experience working in psychiatric settings and providing clinical assessment required. Crisis intervention experience post masters and psychiatric inpatient experience preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension Michigan is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all associates and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, height, weight, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, veteran status or any other legally protected status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. The information requested on this application will not be used for any purpose prohibited by law. If you require assistance or an accommodation to complete this application, please let us know. For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the "EEO is the Law" poster: M/F/Disabled/Vet EEO is the Law Poster Supplement Reasonable Accommodation
Ascension Michigan provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. Please advise us of any accommodations you request in order to express interest in a position by e-mailing: . Please state your request for assistance in your message. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a specific position within Ascension Michigan will be reviewed at the e-mail address supplied.
Thank you for considering a career with Ascension Michigan. Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
Ascension Michigan participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E -Verify (link to E-verify site)