Assured Home Health, part of the LHC Group Family, is hiring for a Social Worker
The Social Worker in Home Health assists patients and families in coping with problems resulting from severe or long-term illness, and with difficulties in recovery and rehabilitation. The Social Worker will assess, diagnose, and treat patient's mental and social conditions, counsel individuals and-or families, and update case records. The licensed social worker with a master's degree performs these functions under the supervision of the licensed master's degreed social worker.
* Assists the patient, significant others, physician, and health care team staff to understand significant personal, emotional,
environmental, and social factors and difficulties related to the patient's health problems; which interfere with maximizing the
benefit of medical services and the plan of care.
* Contributes as a health care team member to the development of comprehensive, integrated treatment plans for patients.
* Instructs health care team members on community resources available to assist patients.
* Plans for continuity of care with hospitals and community agencies.
* Assesses and treats social and emotional factors related to patient's illness to determine ability to cope with daily living
* Assists the patient and significant others to understand, accept, follow, and implement medical recommendations.
* Assists the patient and significant others in utilizing community resources which will help the patient to achieve and maintain
* Identifies gaps in community resources and stimulates resource development and/or improvement.
* Visits patient according to Plan of Treatment; completes a progress note for each visit; and submits progress notes to the
agency on an at least weekly basis.
* Participates in staff conferences and committees as necessary.
* Fulfills necessary mandatory education on annual basis
* Provides in-service to agency staff as needed
* Sends the physician a written summary report on patient's condition at least every 60 days
* All other duties as assigned
* Master's Degree from a school of Social Work accredited by the Council of Social Work Education.
* One year of social work experience in a healthcare setting.
* Current CPR certification.
* Current driver's license, vehicle insurance, and access to a dependable vehicle or public transportation.
Our company was founded over 20 years ago on the principle that "it's all about helping people," and we live by those words today. It's our mission to provide exceptional care and unparalleled service to patients and families who have placed their trust in us. We grow to fulfill this mission. When you become part of the LHC Group family, you're choosing a career path that will challenge you to grow both personally and professionally.
Every day, all across the country, our LHC Group family is helping people. There are 10,000 of us, standing shoulder to shoulder, helping the patients in our care live, fuller, healthier lives. We do this because helping people is, quite simply, the reason we exist. It's our purpose.