Job Req ID:
195573 Position Number: Employment Type:
Full Time Shift:
Day Shift Details
: Monday-Friday 1st Shift Standard Hours:
?40.00 Department Name:
Financial Counseling Location:
CHS Corporate Operations Location Details:?
CMC Carolinas HealthCare System is Atrium Health. Our mission remains the same: to improve health, elevate hope and advance healing - for all. The name Atrium Health allows us to grow beyond our current walls and geographical borders to impact as many lives as possible and deliver solutions that help communities thrive. For more information, please visit carolinashealthcare.org/AtriumHealth
Interviews patients who are uninsured/underinsured and determines which agencies will provide financial assistance with the patient's hospital and medical bills. Assists the patients through the application process, and follows-up to make sure that the patient completes the application in a timely manner.Essential Functions
- Reviews daily patient lists to determine patients requiring interviews. Interviews patient to collect all patient demographic and financial information and get patient signature on required forms.
- Reviews medical and financial information to determine the appropriate course of action, which would result in sponsorship for the patient. Makes referral to DSS for Medicaid application an/or opens application on the patient's behalf.
- Follows-up with patients by telephone and letter to make sure they complete the applications within the legal deadlines. Follows-up with state agencies to make sure they have all the information/documentation necessary to complete the application and make a determination.
- Sends patients Letter of Determination for indigent health care funds and charity applications. Represents patients at local and state appeal hearing whose Medicaid or Social Security disability application has been denied.
- Arranges transportation services for patients who express a need. Schedules a time and date to pick up patient or family member.
- Obtains verification of information on all accounts being reviewed for IHF and/or charity. Complete IHF requisition for Mecklenburg County residents or charity application to determine eligibility.
Works a fast-paced office environment with numerous interruptions. This position requires some travel to represent patient at appeals.Education, Experience and Certifications
Bachelors Degree or 4 years related experience required. Ability to read, write, and speak Spanish fluently.
?At Atrium Health, formerly Carolinas HealthCare System, our patients, communities and teammates are at the center of everything we do. Our commitment to diversity and inclusion allows us to deliver care that is superior in quality and compassion across our network of more than 900 care locations.
?As a leading, innovative health system, we promote an environment where differences are valued and integrated into our workforce. Our culture of inclusion and cultural competence allows us to achieve our goals and deliver the best possible experience to patients and the communities we serve.
Not Applicable Carolinas HealthCare System is an EOE/AA Employer
Carolinas HealthCare System, one of the nation's leading and most innovative healthcare organizations provides a full spectrum of healthcare and wellness programs throughout North and South Carolina. Its diverse network of facilities includes academic medical centers, approximately 38 hospitals, freestanding emergency department, more than 700 physician practices, behavioral health center, surgical and rehabilitation centers, home health agencies, hospice and palliative care services, and nursing homes.
For nearly 70 years, our system of exceptional facilities has been providing care that improves our community and the lives of our patients and employees.
At Carolinas HealthCare System, we are One team, delivering care through more than 11 million patient encounters. Our teammates share millions of reasons to be proud of their work and the contributions they make every day. We invite you to learn more about Carolinas HealthCare System, and discover all the possibilities ONE system has to offer.