In partnership with NYC Health + Hospitals, Harlem is a designated Level 1 Trauma Center and is recognized for providing centers of excellence in the areas of Bariatric Surgery, Breast Imaging and Sexual Assault Forensics. Our teams provide services for nearly 213,000 outpatient visits, more than 83,000 emergency room visits and over 13,000 inpatient admissions annually. The hospital maintains an academic affiliation with Columbia University Medical Center.
We are currently accepting applications and referrals for Psychiatric Nurse Practitioners to work in our Acute Adult Inpatient Unit. This is a full-time position, 5 days a week, 40 hours, shift 9am-5pm. The NP works collaboratively with the attending Psychiatrist and is responsible for the provision of compassionate and evidenced-based psychiatric care to patients. There is also an opportunity for additional per diem (hourly) assignments.
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing.
- Master's Degree in Psychiatric/Mental Health Nursing
- Licensed to practice as a NYS Nurse Practitioner with Certification as a Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner
Experience and Qualifications:
- Demonstrated interest and clinical experience in treating acute psychiatric inpatients with the goal of stabilization, education and linkage to care.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and ability to work well in a multidisciplinary team setting.
- Familiarity with high-risk patients and cultural sensitivity in community settings.
- Willingness and ability to teach and act as a preceptor to allied health students and trainees
- ANCC or equivalent required within 12 months of hire