PLAY A VITAL ROLE IN THE LIVES OF OUR NATION'S DEFENDERS
As a Psychiatrist on the U.S. Army health care team , you'll have the opportunity to immerse yourself into a special culture and environment in which your diagnoses and treatments will support the readiness of our military's efforts and improve the lives of our Soldiers and their families. Additionally, when you join the Army Medical Corps, you'll work with some of the most innovative technologies and treatments in the industry, all while practicing at world-class medical facilities. You'll gain access to invaluable opportunities and advance your skills like supporting humanitarian missions, leadership training and a competitive benefit package. Join us and work alongside professionals at the top of their fields while helping expand the boundaries of psychiatry.
Benefits may include:
- Repayment of qualified education loans to lending institution, paid annually over a maximum of 3 years while serving
- Based on your area of concentration, you may be eligible for an accessions bonus, paid over a four-year period while serving.
- No-cost or low-cost medical and dental care for you and your family
- 30 days of paid vacation earned annually
- Commissary and post exchange shopping privileges
- Enrollment into the Uniformed Services Blended Retirement System
- Specialized training to become a leader in psychiatric medicine.
- Doctor of medicine or doctor of osteopathy degree from an accredited U.S. school of medicine or osteopathy; foreign graduates may apply with permanent certificate from the Educational Council of Foreign Medical Graduates
- Current license to practice medicine in the United States, District of Columbia or Puerto Rico
- Eligibility for board certification
- Completion of at least one year of an approved graduate medical education internship
- Completion of a training program in psychiatry or residency in the U.S.
- Between 21 and 42 years of age (waivers granted on a case-by-case basis)
- U.S. citizenship
To learn more, visit healthcare.goarmy.com/medical
PLAY A VITAL ROLE IN THE LIVES OF OUR NATION'S DEFENDERS As a Psychiatrist on the U.S. Army ...