Correctional healthcare is not just a job. It's a calling.
By choosing a career with Corizon Health you are choosing the opportunity to truly make a difference in the health, well-being, and future of the patients you serve. We take pride in being a pioneer provider of correctional healthcare. If you are interested in helping us continue our legacy of innovation and clinical expertise, we encourage you to connect with us today.
Below is a list of your responsibilities as a Psychologist - Sexually Violent Predator Evaluator with Corizon Health at Farmington Correctional Center located in Farmington, Missouri:
- Will conduct psychosexual and psychological evaluations as required under the Sexually Violent Predator Statute.
- Administers, scores, and interprets sex offense risk assessments.
- Prepares evaluation reports.
- Provide Court testimony.
- Participates in clinical supervision, treatment team meetings, staff meetings, in-service training programs, and outside training programs as required by Corizon Health or licensure.
- Consults with treatment staff, the Department of Corrections, and the Attorney General's Office.
- This individual reports directly to the Clinical Director of the Missouri Sex Offender Program (MoSOP).
- Great opportunity for candidates interested in forensic experience, passionate about community safety and sexual violence prevention
- Testify as an expert witness in court cases
- Constantly challenging/great learning opportunity
- No on call
- Possibility to work remote
Corizon Benefits (only applicable for full-time positions)
Corizon Health offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes health insurance, a generous PTO plan, 401k with matching funds, tuition assistance, continuing education reimbursement, and more!
- Doctoral degree in psychology, counseling psychology or related field from an accredited college or university.
- Licensed or licensed eligible as a Psychologist in the state of Missouri.
- Professional experience, knowledge and skills in forensic evaluation and report writing, group and individual therapy, diagnosis and treatment of major mental illness, crisis intervention and general psychological testing techniques.
- Able to meet the unique demand of providing mental health services in a correctional environment.
- Corizon Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. In compliance with federal and state employment opportunity laws, qualified applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, disability, Vietnam era veteran, or disabled Veteran status. EOE including Disability/Protected Veterans
A background check, security clearance and drug screening are required for this role.
Corizon Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. In compliance with federal and state employment opportunity laws, qualified applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, disability, Vietnam era veteran, or disabled Veteran status. EOE including Disability/Protected Veterans.