Facility: Lawton Correctional Facility
Compensation Base: $15.00
Compensation Bonus (if applicable): $1000 Hiring Bonus
Equal Opportunity Employer.
This position assists in developing, organizing, and conducting evidence-based, substance abuse treatment programming within the mission of GEO's Continuum of Care. Conducts or assists in conducting individual and/or group counseling sessions and programs.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
* Participates in orientation of inmates regarding the chemical dependency programs.
* Facilitates or co-facilitates group and individual counseling sessions from a structured manual.
* Selects and recommends new instructional materials and programs for use in the substance abuse program.
* Maintains knowledge of new developments in the field of substance abuse.
* Maintains a collegian relationship with other substance abuse professionals, programs, and associations.
* Completes required testing, assessment, and psycho-social history on incoming inmates as required.
* Performs other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
* Certification as a Certified Addiction Counselor based on the requirements of the state in which the position works in.
* Working knowledge of the Twelve Step Program of Alcoholics Anonymous, Narcotics Anonymous, and cognitive behavioral approaches.
* Ability to interact in a professional manner in both individual and group counseling settings.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills.
* Ability to work with a team of professionals and have the ability to implement team strategy approaches to work assignments.
* Ability to work with computers and the necessary software typically used by the department.