Earn up to $4,000 in your first 18 months with Open Sky!
For a limited time, as a way to shine a light on some of our high need programs and to help support new employees through their first year, Open Sky has created a bonus program! Employees being hired into this position will be eligible for this Sign On/Stay On Bonus program for up to $4,000 in their first year and a half, ask a recruiter for details!
Open Sky Community Services is a human service agency that provides counseling services and treatment options to people diagnosed with mental illness and intellectual disabilities.
Open Sky Community Services agency provides excellent supervision (both individual and group), opportunities for advancement, generous time off and a competitive benefits package. Our agency is an eligible employer for the Public Student Loan Forgiveness Program and provides tuition reimbursement for continuing education, as well as full reimbursement for CNA certifications and a variety of Human Service certifications.
Residential Counselors ensure a supportive, nurturing, and structured environment, while providing guidance, advocacy, and case management to the adults living in the Residential Program and referred through the Department of Developmental Disabilities (DDS). A Residential Counselor also supports individuals with a developmental disability live as independently as possible, while providing guidance and performing various levels of assisted daily living skills. Counselors act as strong advocates for individuals served and understand the importance of community integration.
In addition, Residential Counselors will:
* Assist in developing individualized service plans and play a lead role in the daily implementation plans.
* Implement all procedures that ensure the health, safety, and well-being of individuals and general cleanliness and safety of the physical site.
* Assist individuals to access and/or provide transportation.
* Review and complete all required documentation.
* Specialized responsibilities as needed, including personal care and/or lifting.
* Bachelor's Degree in a Human Services/Social Services related field preferred or experience working with adults with disabilities.
* Minimum of a high school diploma or GED/HiSET.
* Valid driver's license and reliable vehicle.
* Proficiency with Microsoft Suite, including Word.
* CPR, First Aid, MAP (Medication Administration Program) and SOLVE (Strategies of Limiting Violent Episodes) certified or certifiable. Open Sky Community Services provides all required trainings.